Friday, July 13, 2007

Final Fucking-ly!!!

Today I finally got the job offer (in writing) from Job #2, and I am SO relieved! Since the acquisition of my present company on Monday, the atmosphere around here has really been like that of a 14-year-old girl: major highs and lows with dramatic outbursts thrown in for good measure. The management has been doing its best to keep reassuring everyone how great things are going to be etc, but you can see their new sports-cars in their eyes when they talk, so you just know their thinking about how great it's going to be FOR THEM. As for me, I am officially TAPPED as far as my savings/stocks/piggy-bank is concerned, since I have to come up with a huge sum to close on my house purchase by this coming Wednesday, which means I'm not going to take much time off from when this job ends and my next one begins (I start on the 30th). Most likely I'll announce I'm planning on leaving the week after next, as my boss will most likely want me to leave the same day I announce it. If it's one thing I have learned these past 10 years is that no matter how well you get along with your employees and managers, corporations are just that, and they're always looking out for their own good, and couldn't care less about the individual when it comes down to it.

The trick this coming week will be to be as inconspicuously unproductive as possible; not creating waves, not speaking up, but at the same time not drawing attention by absence or silence. The people around me know I'm in the process of moving, so I kind of have a built-in excuse. I'll also throw in a Dental visit and maybe a couple of other reasons to keep me out of the office.

As far as boning, this week has gone by pretty quickly...too quickly to focus on the long ranger. I'll definitely make up for that over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment