Friday, May 29, 2009

Too Lazy to Travel

As this is Memorial Day weekend, everyone has been asking me either to tag-along or what my plans are otherwise. Since I've been back from Europe, although I've had tons of domestic chores and bureaucratic bullshit to deal with, I am still very much in relaxation mode and not really eager to travel. Plus, I had a VERY bad experience coming back from Europe (not like geese flying into the engines or Habib's ticking turbin bad, just lost luggage, missed connections and broken objects bad). The thought of getting on another airplane makes me bitter. I know I will have to at some point of course. I'm just really not looking forward to it.

This sucks because I have a number of family, friends and...well...fuckbuds that have been badgering me to come out and see them. Most of them are in a < 3 hour flight away (except for Kev-bo in Montreal, but luckily he tends to come out to California a lot now). I've narrowed my trips down to 3; a) Montreal to see Kev-bo (we will have an amazing time as always) b) "Guido", a friend of mine who looks like John Mengatti (who???) or any number of hot Italian dark-haired idols of the 70's who lives in Chicago and c) "Lawyer", a half-Mexican half-Russian former body-builder; quiet but incredible in bed in Southern California.

Here's my connundrum; visiting Kev-bo is a no-brainer, since he is one of my closest friends. Guido is incredibly intelligent, but "James Dean" moody at times. He is adamant about NOT coming to California. And while he wants me to stay with him if I go to Chicago, he only thinks he'd be free for 3 days maximum. So, almost not even worth the trip out, no matter how hot the sex is (and yeah, mindblowingly hot). Lawyer is the closest trip; less than 1 hour by plane. If we never left the bed, I know we'd have fun. But he is really too quiet at times and I often wonder if there is a connection there. He wants me to come down and stay with him, and even if it's just for a weekend I wouldn't feel too bad since it's such a short trip.

I guess the point is, I really don't need to travel at all to get laid. That's a given. So, do I really care to see these guys enough to make it out there? And do I want to see another city? Chicago is a no. It would just be for Guido. LA I wouldn't mind as I do tend to like it there a couple days at a time. Just gotta think about this for awhile, but hopefully come to a decision before the summer passes by.

Meanwhile, to get mine AND your minds off of our current worries, here is a little video passed along to me which I thought was worth a giggle (boy did they make those boys look gay back then...)

No comments:

Post a Comment