Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Politics of Cruising

London used to be for me the sexiest city on earth. Not to say the people are sexy; just that it is probably easier to find sex there than anywhere else I've been (and I've been around the block AND back). I think it is the product of 200+ years of sexual repression. There are two main areas for sex: 1) the public restroom. They are everywhere, and before the internet were the main source for guys hooking up. This is true in many countries, but the Brits took this to an artform. A case in point is the Marble Arch tube, which for some 60 years was the premier/most traficked spot for gay toilet sex. When I moved to London in 2001 I shortly discovered this spot, and was hooked. The people who designed this place must have been all gay; it has around 20 urinals with no spaces between them lining 3 walls (some actually facing each other). On the other side there are 20 closet-style stalls with full-length doors where you can take the guy you've been cruising at the urinals to finish up in private. Couldn't be gayer if it had taffeta toilet-paper. I can't tell you (or remember) how many guys I fucked there. But sometime around 2003 the London City council finally said "enough!" and de-gayed it by closing off all but 6 or so urinals and 3 stalls; cutting the doors in half so you can see 3 feet above and below them, which means there are no shenanigans to be had. And to add insult to injury, the same thing has been happening even in private toilets, such as at my formerly favorite London bar: CX Station. Their bathrooms were legendary (only to be outdone by Briefs, also gone). Truly the end of a golden shower/age.

But the good part is, 2) the outdoor cruising. London is still #1 when it comes to being able to hook-up pretty much anywhere there is a wooded park or forrest. Sometimes the city gets wise and starts cutting down all the shrubbery that pile up in condoms (this happened near where I lived; I actually had a major cruising area walking distance from my house....*sigh*). But you can't fight nature, and as soon as the bushes are back, so is the action. The two major areas are North and South; Hampsted Heath and Clapham Common. The first night I got in, I went to Clapham Common and ended up fucking 4 guys in this order; a hot French Twink (came in him), a buffed 30-something Irish guy, a 20-something sporty Brazilian guy, and 1 tall scruffy 20-something English guy with an enormous dick (had to be 9", came in him too). The first and last experience were 3-ways and WAY hot. 90% of the guys there were fuckable with very few trolls. I was very impressed.

For me there are only 2 problems with outdoor sex: 1) you can really only fuck one way (from behind) and 2) there is a potential for issues during clean-up, so you have to come VERY prepared. Because of this, I wanted to mix it up, so to speak, and the second night right after the England v US game, I ended up hooking up with a Portuguese guy who lived at Earl's Court (used to be the gay area, now it's pretty mixed). He was buffed, late-20's, a GREAT fuck and for a Portagee had a nice smooth ass to fuck. The only problem was he assured me he could go two rounds, and of course couldn't. Eh, I left him a little surprise anyway, so not a total loss.

On my way back home, I went through London again so I thought I'd hit Hampstead Heath. Let me say this: on a good night (hot, summer) it's what I imagine a circuit party to be. Guys are all around there in regular clothes, shirtless or even wearing lycra shorts with their asses cut out. This time there were still a few hot guys there, but it was spotty. I ended up fucking a 30-something Dutch guy (took a couple pictures this time).

Right after I was done fucking the Dutch guy, I barely pulled the condom off when this English Luke Perry looking guy (not a fan) comes walking up and kneels down to suck my dick. Usually I don't really respond well to such agressive cocksuckers, but this time I thought, "Eh...it'll save me the effort of wiping up my dick" so I let him go for it. While "Luke" was sucking me, I thought if I got hard again I'd probably fuck him too. So, after the Long Ranger got soft, then hard again in Luke's mouth, I thought this could happen. I pulled Luke up off my dick, turned him around and pulled his pants down. His ass was not that muscular, and when I reached for his hole, I felt a very, shall we say "abused" anus, which I knew would make for a very bad fuck. So, I gave his ass a pat and said, "another time" then buttoned up and left for the night. So, my recommendation for anyone interested is definitely hit up Clapham Common; less known, more variety and quality.

So, lastly, a quick story on another part of my trip. I was in Italy at a villa for a week staying with 3 other families. It was huge, so every night we entertained friends and family. The first night there were a lot of kids, especially an 11-year-old friend of the family who I love to death. He's pudgy but has a face like a very young Peter Deluise (rememer him?) with piercing blue eyes. I always try and give him compliments and pump up his ego to let him know he is capable of anything and increase his confidence. Anyway, as it was EXTREMELY hot this year, most of the kids and me ended up playing soccer once it got dark, and all of us guys had our shirts off. At some point, the game turned into a massive dog-pile with everyone trying to "attack" me, and I would thwart all the advances by picking up any assailant and bodyslamming them in slow motion to the ground. At one point, this totally AWESOME looking 13-year-old kid (think Scott Baio circa 1982) charged at me, and I picked him up in a fireman's carry over my shoulder. At that point, he popped a boner so strong I thought it would bore a hole in my back. But I just finished the "flip" and he landed on his feet, then flipped on his hands and took a few steps to show off. And the thing is he basically followed me around the rest of the trip, inventing excuses to come back over and hang out. It was totally obvious he had a boy-crush on me, which I found very cute. Before I left, he made me promise to "friend" him on "fessy-bookeh".

So, why am I telling this? Just that I found it very cute. It's not the first time I've been the subject of a boy-crush. But I have never, nor would I ever act on it. There's just something about that age that makes my non-sexual and dare I say Paternal instinct kick in. But I can definitely say he's gonna break a lot of hearts.

2 comments:

  1. that's a cute anecdote. nothing wrong with encouraging younger boys. may be the only positive reinforcement they ever receive as teenagers. good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph, you nailed it. Well said.

    ReplyDelete