Monday, October 5, 2009

Going south

When I think back to the best years of my life, I'd have to say 1989, 1999 and 2003 in that order. There was something VERY interesting about 1999 in that since there was a simmering fear and anticipation among the general population that the turn of the millenium would bring about the total collapse of human civilization, it seemed as though there was an electricity in the air that provoked people to have fun and let loose. In other words, there were some MAJOR sex parties going on. And unlike the sex parties of today where you either need to be into drugs, bareback gangbangs, fisting, water sports, leather etc, the parties back then were just hot guys having incredible sex. I swear, since 1999 I have not been to a sex party that I thought was half as hot.

Why am I bringing this up? Well, back in 1999 I met a "partner in crime" so to speak who I'll call Ricky, since he looked like a much better looking Ricky Schroeder. Ricky made a ton of money when Microsoft bought his company in the mid-90's and bought 2 houses in Ashbury Heights in SF; one of which he made into a major party-pad for the A-gays of SF. Since he'd invite me to these types of parties, I'd reciprocate and invite him to the many sex parties going on, which were strictly by invitation only (they were THAT good). Ricky was a hot fuck himself, and a pretty insatiable bottom. As I said, after 2000 things changed; the guy who threw most of the sex parties moved to Palm Springs, Ricky started traveling to Mexico more and more (he's a total bean queen) and eventually got a boyfriend, and I moved to the UK, so we all kind of lost touch. But since I've been back to the US this last time, I reconnected with Ricky to find out he had sold his houses at the height of the market, built a gay resort in Mexico and moved there. When he first invited me, I kind of blew it off as the sort of thing you just have to say to old friends. But since he became more and more insistent, I decided to take him up on it and booked a flight for later this month. I haven't been back to Mexico (if you don't count Tijuana...which I don't) for 5 years, so I'm both nervous and excited about it. As it turns out, this is going to be a pretty busy month as my friend Kev-bo will also be visiting the week I leave. Plus another friend of mine may be visiting from Venezuela next week.

I guess since I'm still not working I should start enjoying myself more. And now, for no apparent reason, Ladies and Gentlemen...the Pet Shop Boys:

No comments:

Post a Comment